Sunday 30 August 2009

LONGINGS OF A 'LOST' SOUL

I yearned to not part,
I pleaded to remain stark,
I confessed to be a spark.

It was all clear and hazy,
I was both empty and full.
The grip was strong yet lose,
The passion was growing yet fading,
I was laughing and crying,
I was smiling and smirking,
I was connected yet aloof...

I was yours and not,
The pain was mine and not,
Blinding love can be binding,
but it was neither blinding nor binding.

longing...
to succumb to the urge,
to fold into the foetal posture,
to cuddle up, to snuggle,
to envelop and be enveloped.

The water froze into cubes,
The cube melted in the warmth,
The cold lurking behind the warmth.
I too wanted to freeze, and melt,
become water again and flow.
I did freeze, melt, flow,
alternating between different states.
I evolved into a person I cannot identify with.
I am dazed, perhaps its just a phase.
I tread the path,alone;
I wander, alone; I explore, alone;
I experience the bouts of gregariousness, alone.

Where am I?
Give me back to 'me',
Please don't hold me there any more;
for I am not sure;
Is it right to question things? why not?
It is my right to seek the answers,
but whose duty is it to provide them?